Specialists in Cruising Alaska Style
1. Choose to cruise for VALUE. One price buys your cabin, dining, entertainment and more.
2. Choose to cruise for ROMANCE. Secluded beaches, en suite dining on a balcony overlooking the ocean and spa services for two are just some of the romantic pursuits available.
3. Choose to cruise for CUISINE. Tantalize your taste buds with gourmet fare that showcases exotic ingredients, old standbys like pizza and ice cream or spa cuisine for a healthy alternative. Depending on your mood, dine in a traditional ballroom setting, a small bistro or a casual eatery.
4. Choose to cruise for VARIETY. With over 200 distinctive ships, 3000 ports-of-call and an unbelievable array of places to see and things to do, there is a perfect cruise for you. For even more choice, consider a pre- or post-land tour.
5. Choose to cruise for ACTIVITIES. Fill your days with sightseeing, sports activities, cultural lectures, educational tours led by naturalists and historians or simply lounge by the pool and relax. At night, enjoy dance extravaganzas, musical revues, gaming or a quiet evening gazing at the stars.
6. Choose to cruise for SIMPLICITY. Don't come back from your vacation needing a vacation. Planning a cruise is simple; your CLIA-affiliated travel agency can handle all of the details. Once you're on board, nearly all expenses are pre-paid... talk about hassle-free.
7. Choose to cruise for NEW HORIZONS. Fall asleep in one destination and awake to a new horizon... and you only have to pack and unpack once!
8. Choose to cruise for FAMILY. Families love cruising. Children's programs, kid-friendly menus and tours of the ship will keep your children happy, while affording you some time alone.
9. Choose to cruise for PAMPERING. Regardless of your budget, all cruise lines pamper their guests with first-class service around the clock.
10.Choose to cruise for SATISFACTION. It's a fact that cruises have a higher percentage of satisfied customers than any other vacation experience.
For value, variety and satisfaction...you haven't lived until you've cruised!
Every day, more and more people are discovering the all-inclusive pleasures of a cruise vacation. More singles, families, couples, honeymooners, second honeymooners and groups of friends are sailing away on the vacation of their lives. Last year alone approximately seven million people enjoyed a cruise vacation. When you add it all up, it's easy to see why.
The price of your ticket includes all of your meals and in-between snacks on-board; your stateroom, activities, parties and entertainment; plus, an exciting voyage to some of the most enchanting and culturally-enriching places in the world.
You'll find that a cruise ship is a floating resort, with all the things a fine resort has to offer and more! You'll meet new friends who share the same tastes and interests as you.
The hassles of an ordinary vacation are completely eliminated. A cruise is one convenient package. You don't have to worry about making dinner or nightclub reservations, running to make flight connections as you travel from one destination to another, or packing and unpacking.
You can lie back and be completely pampered. Or, go non-stop. Dine like never before. Enjoy one great show after another. Let your cares float away!
It's no wonder that more people are taking cruise vacations than ever before. And once they get a taste of cruising, they come back for more, again and again.
FACT - Cruises have a higher percentage of satisfied customers than any other vacation experience. Ask your CLIA-affiliated travel agent about cruising. Chances are, he or she will recommend a cruise vacation from personal experience.
SUGGESTION - Take their advice!
Just so you know: Some cruise lines restrict sale of cruises in the US by US agents to residents of the US and citizens of the US. For example, Princess and Holland only allow a US agent to sell to US or Canadian residents/citizens. If you are in the US on a work or school Visa, you are considered residing in the US but we do need to put that informaiton in your booking otherwise you may be denied boarding without any refund. Yet most other lines welcome US agents making a booking for those who are resident and citizens of any country, providing you have the proper US entry documents. So it's important you tell us if you do not reside in the US or are a non US citizen when making a booking inquiry. This is why there is room in our form for your address. Otherwise we may suggest to you a 'perfect' itinerary that is not available for us to book for you.
A list of helpful terms to know when looking at cruise pricing and will help in deciphering cruise confirmations.
On Board Credit – also called Shipboard credit or OBC/SBC. This is 'free' money to you as part of a promotion either offered by the cruise lines, or more often we the travel agency as a way to sweeten the deal! This is money that is used toward any on board purchases while you are on your cruise! Anything you can buy on board qualifies - spa treatments, t-shirts, wine, tours, you name it!
Transfers – this is the service that gets you between the airport and the pier (or beginning or end of tour). Transfers are typically at extra cost and available only on the day of embarkation and disembarkation. Also noted on some cruise confirmations lumped into a category called “mods’
Embarkation – Boarding the ship
Disembarkation – Departing the ship
Mods – Short for modification – usually is a pre or post cruise hotel stay, transfers or other extra add-on not included in cruise pricing or taxes.
Cancel protection – also called travel insurance or cancel insurance and abbreviated as CPP, for Cruise Protection Plan on some cruise lines invoices
Pre or Post – as in pre-cruise or post cruise – either before (pre) or after (post) and usually refers to transfers as in ‘pre-cruise transfers’ or a hotel package or land tour as in ‘post cruise hotel package’ or ‘post cruise land package”
Cruise Tour – Refers to a pre-packaged cruise plus land tour offered in connection with each other and sold as one invoice or confirmation.
PP = Per Person
Shore Excursions- Offered by the cruise line and other companies, organized shore excursions are land-based trips that provide a wide variety of experiences, from a simple city tour to active pursuits like dog-sledding or mountain-biking. Cruise lines only offer a limited set of excursions at each destination, which is why we work with several trusted companies to provide our cruise clients with a broader range of activities at every port, oftentimes in smaller groups and at lower costs than those provided through the ship. Active tours are great for those who want to have a distinctive experience in a unique setting. These excursions can involve adrenaline-pumping activities like zip-lining through rain forests On the other hand, sightseeing excursions are generally bus tours that take you to the highlights of the region, giving you a thorough introduction to its culture and history. Oftentimes these excursions involve low-key activities, such as stopping in a shopping district to peruse the local wares or peruse the locals. We encourage shoppers to support locally owned stores.